Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FLASHBACK TUESDAY - EIGHT

HiVEN~

After graduating high school I was really on a big vampire kick. The Blade movies had just come out, which I loved, and I had finally watched Bram Stokers Dracula, directed by Francis Ford Coppola. So it only made since for me to channel those influences into my comic work. With that, I came up with HiVEN.

HiVEN is the story of a disturbed man who has the ability to see the demon form of the vampires. His father was a priest and did not see this ability as a gift, but more of a curse from a demon spirit that tried to inhabit HiVEN's body when born. A vampire by the name of Vos, comes to the church one day and kills the priest  leaving HiVEN with the decision to either allow his father to change or kill him to save his soul. After making the painful choice to kill him, HiVEN vowes to track down the vampire and get revenge. But little does he know that Vos actually works for a vampire queen that is in a partnership with a mad man that can raise the dead and is determined to take over London with his army of the dead.

The book was a three issue mini-series that was illustrated in blk/wht and published back in 2003. I was 19 yrs old when I started the book and then turned 20 by the time I published it. Below are the first two pages to the first issue. Still own them and have them safely put away. It's hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago when I drew it. This too is another story I have in the works to be re-drawn one day. I have a pretty good script for it this time. Hopefully I can bring it back around again one day soon.

Until then,

ENJOY>


No comments: