Tuesday, May 8, 2012

FLASHBACK TUESDAY - NINE

One of the few drawings I still have saved in my personal collection. I present to you, THE FOUR MUTANTS. I was unfortunately a child of daycare growing up, not to say that there's anything wrong with that sorta thing, but I was in daycare until I was twelve... ya...

Anywho, if it wasnt for daycare though, I dont know where I'd be today. I met a kid by the name of Steven I believe, and one day Steven brought in a stack of Wolverine and Xmen comic books. I was seven. My life changed forever after that. I became obsessed with comic books. Now before this I did love He-man and Ninja Turtles, but it was something about seeing that amazing artwork that drove me over the edge to wanting nothing more in life than to draw comics forever. I still have the mini-comic I made of The Four Mutants somewhere in my boxes of saved artwork. I can still remember slight glances of my childhood sitting at the tables in daycare and just drawing my little comics while the rest of the classes all played and ran around.

Never knew it would be a fore shadowing of my later years to come... The drawing below is of some of the first comic book characters I ever created: (From left to right: Grenade, Mr.Heat, Mr.Freeze, and Tarantula) I was eight years old when I drew this...

ENJOY>

No comments: